Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy November and Autumn Art

First of all....HAPPY NOVEMBER!!!
Where did October go?

Secondly, I just want to say that I have the best EA's ever!!!
Yes, its true!  They are so very helpful, patient, and loving!  We are so blessed to have them in our class!
They anticipate needs and quietly do their thing to make my class run smoothly.

One of the other reasons my EA's are the best is that they are always willing and happy to make a mess with the kids.  

This week, we made our tissue paper leaves.  (I gotta be honest......I loved the mess the best.  In fact, I wished we could have left the coloured tissue paper all over the floor of our classroom......it was lovely!)




I cut out black outlines of a few different types of leaves.
Next we stuck them on to contact paper, which we then taped to the tables and counters so that they would stay in place while the children placed the tissue paper on to their leaves.
Some kids were so very careful while they placed the tissue down......and then there were others that just grabbed fists full of tissue and just dumped them on.  
When the leaves were covered, we put a second piece of contact paper over them, trimmed them and hung them up!  
The children keep asking me when they can bring them home.  
My answer......after we enjoy them at school for a while!
(Maybe when the snow starts flying......)


 Now the finished leaves are gracing the windows of our classroom and the hallways outside our room.  
The trees outside our class might be finished dropping their leaves, but we still have autumn colours in the school. 
 I imagine the snow will be here soon enough, so I want to enjoy as much "fall colour" in our class for as long as I can!





Have a blessed day!
~kim~


1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful! I know your kiddos loved making them. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete