Friday, August 3, 2012

Organization: The Name of the Game

Organization is one of the keys to a "less-stressed" life.  In my opinion, this applies to the classroom as well.  I've got several things on the go to help me stay organized for the upcoming school year.  From my yearly overview, monthly plans and daily schedule, to the labels I've made for the literacy activity centres.  On top of that, I also purchased something that I have come to love...my laminator.  When I found out about my new job, it was one of the first things I acquired.  Needless to say, it has been put to great use.  I found it on the Costco website, ordered it, and it was here in just a few days.  (Check it out.) It works GREAT!  It was reasonably priced, has a great warranty, (Costco really stands behind their stuff), and it laminates materials up to 12 inches wide.

Here are just a few of the fun things that I've been working on:

Just a couple of the (several) name items:
This comes from http://www.teaching4real.com/



Tags for organizing Literacy activity centres:
You can find these labels here.


Owls for my Word Wall:
Bought the digital file on TPT (Teachers Paying Teachers)...awesome place!
You can find it here.

Alphabet to post in the classroom, 
or I might just cut them apart and make a matching game:
I found these here.

We focus on a different colour every month, 
so we will slowly add scoops of ice-cream as the year goes on:
(Can't remember where I found this resource.)

No comments:

Post a Comment